Bust That Plateau!!!
Are you stuck on a weight loss plateau? Can’t get that scale to budge? We’ve all been there, and it really sucks. But instead of just waiting it out, there are a few things you can do to get past it.
1. Change your calorie intake.
- BMR - Look up your Basal Metabolic Rate. (There are a ton of free BMR calculators on the internet that will give you a rough estimate based off of your height, weight, and activity levels). Once you know your current BMR, you can raise or lower your daily intake accordingly.
- Eat enough -Be sure that you aren’t eating too few calories. If you are, you’re body will go into starvation mode and you won’t lose any weight. If your daily intake is lower than 900-1200, try to eat at least another 300-400 calories. Your body will thank you by dropping a few more pounds.
2. Check the health of your colon.
- Fiber- I’m guilty of this all the time. A lot of times, I don’t eat enough food, and the food I do eat is a lot of carbs and protein, mainly rice and tofu. These foods have a tendency to cause constipation, which is no good for weight loss. Make sure you’re eating enough fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Fat intake- Check your fat intake. I have a tendency to eat all lean meat, and very few sources of fat. If you do not consume the healthy fats that your body requires, you will run into a lot of health problems, including constipation. Try adding in things like fish, avocados, and nuts. You can even put some olive oil on your salad to act as a dressing. This will give your body the fat it needs to keep thinks working smoothly.
- Do a colon cleanse- Be very careful of this step. I would recommend talking to a doctor or a natural doctor to get help with this step. A lot of times, the walls of the large intestine develop a waste build-up, which makes losing weight hard. There are many options for colon cleanses. You could get a colonic, take a colon cleanse drink (wal-mart has a brand that costs around 14 dollars), or take a colon cleanse supplement that you can find at a health food store. I highly recommend staying at home if you are going to cleanse your colon as it will make you have to go to the bathroom.
3. And of course, there is always the option to change your exercise routine!!!
You do not have to follow all these steps to a T. I am not a doctor or a nutritionist or any kind of specialist. These are just a few things I’ve read about and tried that have helped me get through plateaus in the past. If you have questions regarding any of these tips, do some research or talk to a specialist. Also, if any of you have any other tips you would like me to add to my blog, my submit box and ask box are always open.
Happy weight loss!